Dear Believers of our world-wide Church,
Greetings with. “Beloved I wish above all things that thou might prosper and be in health even as thy soul prospers.”
I am excited to share that our annual Health Awareness Sabbath is coming soon on January 8, 2022. It was established by the G.C. Medical Missionary Department to bring awareness to our beautiful health message at the beginning of every year. This provides opportunities for health and wellness principles to be introduced that will give motivation for a fresh start. This Sabbath is an excellent opportunity to involve the youth in your church to be active participants.
If your church has not taken advantage of this initiative in the past, dedicate this year’s special Sabbath to a deeper appreciation of what we call the Right Arm. You can make this Sabbath practical, relevant, Bible and Spirit of Prophecy-based and most importantly Christ Centered. Let us direct the attention of our people to the Great Physician, the Model Medical Missionary, Jesus Christ.
Allow me the opportunity to just share some simple additional ideas you may wish to consider incorporating. Use whatever plan is most relevant to your church.
Has your congregation suffered from the effects of Covid-19, or is your congregation troubled about Covid-19 and the challenges that it presents?
- Make this Sabbath a time for prayer for the sick, prayer for those who have lost loved ones.
- Share an exposition of that brings hope and answers to troubling questions in people’s minds.
- Share a Biblical perspective on human suffering. (Rom. 8:17-23 and others).
- Mental health is concerning in our world and our churches. Present mental health solutions to human needs beset by fear, doubt, uncertainty, and perplexity of what 2022 will bring.
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”. 2
Is your congregation motivated by doing active medical missionary work? If so, consider making available materials for distribution.
- Prepare material to be available for our people to distribute through the entire month of January. (i.e., The Ministry of Healing, and our health tracts
- For English speaking countries, The Life Source Magazine available from Reformation Herald Publ. is a wonderful resource for distribution.
- The new Lifesource Magazine: FreshStart has arrived! It is about boosting your immunity by following the laws of health.
- Also new health tracts, prepared in 2021, are now available from Plymouth Leadership Publishing.
- In other languages where these are not available use tracts, booklets, the Ministry of Healing and other material on health topics.
Brethren, let us seize this timely opportunity to make this Health Awareness Day one that will open new doors as we engage the Right Arm of our message!
“And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.”.
Yours in the Blessed Hope,
John H. Baer
GC Medical Missionary Director