Why not surprise your parents and siblings this Sunday morning and make a special healthy breakfast for them? Here’s a great fast and fun breakfast recipe.
1 banana (one for each family member)
Cooked oats or millet
1. Peel one banana and cut it in half lengthwise. Place banana halves in banana split dish or an elongated cereal bowl.
2. Using a small ice cream scoop, place three mounds of hot, cooked cereal into the banana split dish.
3. Top two of the mounds with fruit topping. Cover the third mound with Carob “Hot Fudge” Topping.
4. Place a few spoons of frozen coconut cream or Tofu Cream topping and sprinkle with chopped nuts. ENJOY!
4 cups water
1 cup millet
1 tsp. salt
1. Bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in millet. Cook for 30 minutes until soft.
2. If you have leftover cereal, use it the next day with milk.
2 cups frozen blueberries or mixed berries
12 oz. apple juice or white grape juice concentrate
1 cup water
3-4 Tbsp. cornstarch
1. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup water.
2. Heat juice and remaining water in saucepan until boiling.
3. Add cornstarch mixture and stir over medium-high until thickened.
4. Add frozen berries. Remove from heat.
2 cups water
¾ cup raw cashews
1/3 cup carob powder
1 ½ cup chopped dates
2 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. Pero or other coffee substitute
1. Bring one cup of water with the dates to a boil.
2. Turn off the heat and let the dates soften for a few minutes.
3. Blend the other cup of water with the rest of the ingredients until creamy.
4. Add cooked dates and blend until smooth.
5. If topping is not thick enough, pour into a saucepan and cook lightly until it thickens.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
1 package Mori Nu tofu, firm or extra firm
1/3 cup raw cashews
1/3 cup sweetener
1 tsp. vanilla
18 tsp. salt
1. Blend all ingredients together for 2 minutes.
2. Serve immediately or chill.
Yield: 2 cups